Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy Weekend

The weekend went by too fast! Although I don't work a Monday through Friday job, yet, the weekends are always a special time. I usually use it to wind down and relax before the start of my weekly routine. 

This weekend I decided to make car seat covers for my step dad's little red Mazda. It's a 1985 model and after so many years of loads of use, it needs them. Mom and step-dad are 'seeing if they can be a one car household.' So moi gets use of the vehicle. The seat covers turned out well, in my opinion, considering I have absolutely ZERO upholstering knowledge. No, I didn't attempt to re-upholster them, I just want to make something to COVER them. Each seat cover is two pieces. I didn't want the nightmare of fighting with a one piece job that you can buy in the store. I made them out of a lovely bright red heavy cotton. I am hoping the heavy cotton will work well as the weather gets warmer. This little gem of a car has no A/C. It won't be taken on long trips as yet so no A/C is not a problem for me. 

Anyway, that about sums up my weekend. Pics of the seat covers are to follow. Back to laundry day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment