Saturday, June 4, 2011

Me made June 11....pics!!!

Well, it sure took me some time to get these posted. As my mom used to say, better late than never. (Actually, she always told me I'd be late to my own funeral! hehe) These are for June 1, 2, 3, and 4. I'll try to get them up about twice or three times a week ( hoping work, errands, and household chores will allow).
It's been a little difficult adjusting to a work schedule after not working for 2 years, but I am managing rather well. I am still able to keep up my domestic goddess schedule for the most part, except I don't have as much down time as I had before re-entering the job market.  I have a VERY low stress job and although  I work part time, it's still five days a week,  so the down time is really the only thing that is shortened. I am trying to get as much sewing on my days off as possible.

Now for the pics!!

I wore this on June 1st. I had a pic from the UFO challenge on The Sew Weekly, so I didn't take a new one. The skirt had been cut out and partially done for 4 yrs. (It was supposed to be part of a dress.) Off to work I go....petticoat and all!!!

June 2......This is a linen shirt my mom gave me so I refashioned it to make it fit. Since my goal this month is both me made and me refashioned, it fit the criteria. I took the sides in a little and the capris also from her needed the hem let out a bit. I also made a little fascinator for my hair!!

June 3 This dress is a self drafted pattern. I wanted a wrap around dress with a very full skirt! I do have a crinoline underneath and topped it off with a cardigan. Mom says I look like I just stepped out of the 50's!! Goal accomplished!!

 The fabric cost nothing because it came from mom's stash........yes, this is a trend. When I want to make something new, I go 'shopping' in her stash. ( She would never have enough time to sew it all up any way!!)

Now for today.....June 4!!
It's hot and humid, so I went for a very summer time halter. (This fabric I actually purchased from Joann's.)
 I don't know what I was looking at, but it'll have to do for now. This is a halter top I made last summer although I can't remember which pattern I used. I tend to find a pattern and alter it as I go along. Usually the outcome is very different from what it starts out to be. ( the wanna be fashion designer in me)

Well, I'm off to switch the laundry over. STILL doing laundry from last weekend, but it was well worth it!!!
Here are some pics from our trip..........Enjoy!!!!!
Gearing up!!!!
Hanging out grabbing a drink between rapids.

We didn't know he was behind us! Photo bomb!!!!

This is my DH, his daughter and her friend. Action shot!!
The last pic here is of a friend of ours. THE idea is to STAY in the boat!! We hit a rock and out she came! She is stuck on another rock waiting for the guide to throw her a rope. As soon as she pulled on the rope, she knocked us loose and we ran over her....she has a nice bruise to show for it, but had a great time in spite of her injury. She wasn't the only one tossed that trip. I also went for a swim....as they say. I was tossed going into a rapid and after all was said and done had two pretty bruises on my arm to show for it!!! Fun times!!!

1 comment: