Monday, April 4, 2011

Refashion time!!

This week I have decided to take some of my thrifted clothes and refashion them to fit my lifestyle (and me). I am also working on some things to sell at a garage sale this weekend....if Mother Nature cooperates. Luckily, the place where I do my little flea market set up has a cover, so the rain wouldn't be much of a problem, but the traffic might be a little slow.
  
This past week, UFO's(unfinished objects) was the challenge on The Sew Weekly. My UFO was a skirt I had cut out and partially sewn for about 4 years. It is a vintage Vogue pattern that was intended to be a dress. I love the skirt and decided I would wear a skirt more than a dress, so it became a skirt. I also refashioned a 1950's style petticoat from a HUGE bridal petticoat. It gave the the skirt just what it needed.  





I have so much netting left over I am going to make a few more. My eldest daughter has discovered rockabilly and wants some swing dresses/skirts and possibly a petticoat. I also took a rayon broomstick skirt, shortened it, ironed it out, and made a lovely 50's inspired skirt. (Works great with the petticoat!)

We went to Mom's this weekend to help get her dryer working again. While DH worked on the dryer, I had Mom help me with a few alteration markings for my sunflower dress. ( I don't have a dress form, yet...I want to make one out of Duct tape, because I very cheap, thrifty.) She thinks it's a bit loud, but I think the fabric is absolutely DIVINE!! It is a semi-self drafted pattern and I can't wait to wear it!!


Here's a pic prior to the grand finale pics. What do you think? 


A close up of the fabric!


Housework is done, time to get started on some of my refashion projects..hint..one includes refashioning a bolero for my sunflower dress out of an old sweater.


Happy sewing dear friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment